There are many kinds of possible links. Several categories include: personal, social or professional connections; ideas, concepts and beliefs; languages and writing conventions (notes, reports, styles, summaries, genres, outlines, etc.); systems, practices, devices and technologies that enable communication, travel, connections, joining or flow of various kinds.
Relate Other PPs
The ProxPatterns are an integrated group of related patterns for relating to situations. By the Limits of One, any single ProxPattern has limits. In your proximity or situation, how does this ProxPattern relate to others?
1. For your situation, in the proximity generally or more specifically in ProxSets,
2. Possibly in relationship with other PPs,
3. To help with the Core Idea,
4. How can you create links, or relationships, that connect elements?
• What elements could benefit from linking up? How might you go about it? How would the new link affect the proximity or situation?
• How strong, or guaranteed, does the link need to be? What about a detachable or optional link?
• Might you create a link by breaking others?
• How relevant or topical should the link be?
• How ambiguous or vague should the link be?
• Where on a dimension from specific to general does the link need to be?
War, Games and Politics
Preventing an attack from an opponent by threatening a counterattack in some way the opponent is vulnerable is a link between elements.
Internet search engines and computer search create links between your search and websites or personal information.