Awareness and Structure
The Pure PPs (PPs means ProxPatterns) focus more purely on relationships than other PPs. In addition to awareness of the proximity, they are often related to the structure of relationships, and structural changes to relationships. They are primarily generated from the Terms of ProxThink.
One ProxPattern can often help you achieve another.
• Could you be more aware of aspects or your situation? Are you considering changing something about a situation to see what happens? Are you stuck regarding what to do next? You may find some triggers for thinking and action here in the Pure PPs section.
• When was the last time you really took a look around the proximity of your situation? What assumptions are you making? Might you need to expand your ProxAwareness?
• If you could change one thing, what would it be? If you could get someone to see something new, how would you do it? Perhaps you should introduce related elements.
• What would happen if some elements got closer in some way? What elements share some characteristics? How might you benefit from making them more near each other (physically, mentally, emotionally, etc.)? You might want to make them more proximate.
• Are two or more elements separated by some barrier or other elements? Do you have or can you create some element which tunnels, links, connects, or otherwise relates the separated elements? Try creating links.
• Do groups, or a lack of groups, seem important in your proximity or situation? Might there be value in putting elements together, or creating some groups? What about breaking up or dividing (ungrouping) some elements? Consider the Group/Ungroup PP.
Click the headings to read the full example.
A New Neighborhood (Pure PPs)
Two people move into the same neighborhood, but they don’t know each other. They practice …
Dinner Party (Pure PPs)
You are having a small dinner party. You are …
Giving a Presentation (Pure PPs)
You are going to give a presentation for a group of people. You’re organizing …