How can you focus on some elements?
Numerically, the idea of some relates to quantities between one and all. But the idea of some is broader than that. It reminds us of limits, partial progress, marginal differences, variety, in between, and shades of gray. It can also refer to a guess, approximation or probability.
Relate Other PPs
The ProxPatterns are an integrated group of related patterns for relating to situations. By the Limits of One, any single ProxPattern has limits. In your proximity or situation, how does this ProxPattern relate to others?
1. For your situation, in the proximity generally or more specifically in ProxSets,
2. Possibly in relationship with other PPs,
3. To help with the Core Idea,
4. How can you focus on some elements, rather than all elements or just one element?
• How can you focus on some, rather than all or none?
• What are the critical some? Would some be enough?
• Would some progress lead to something else you need or want?
• How can you do a “partial?” In other words, what partial progress or partial effort can you make?
• How can you make something happen? Or suggest or persuade so something happens?
• What can you learn from making some effort or progress?
• How can you relate elements in some way?
Focus on Parts
Often, we break down jobs into parts, to focus on some things we can get done.
We focus on some things the customer needs, or what the customer perceives as better. These some things are often not what would make the product or service perfect.