Basics | ProxPatterns | Growth Model
- Relate a Variety
- Honor Integrity
- Allow Uncertainty
- Avoid Forcing
- Involve Actively
- Transition Smoothly
- Connect Independently
How can you relate a wider variety of elements?
Relating a wider variety means relating elements which are more different or more diverse. Elements may be quite different or diverse, or even surprisingly different or diverse. Elements may be more different or more diverse from each other, as well as from elements you are currently considering or relating. However, this wider variety of elements should share some common elements or relationships with your current element or proximity or situation. Relating a variety of elements may require or benefit from some other ProxPatterns.
Relate Other PPs
The ProxPatterns are an integrated group of related patterns for relating to situations. By the Limits of One, any single ProxPattern has limits. In your proximity or situation, how does this ProxPattern relate to others?
1. For your situation, in the proximity generally or more specifically in ProxSets,
2. Possibly in relationship with other PPs,
3. To help with the Core Idea,
4. How can you relate a wider variety of elements?
Increasing only the number of elements related is usually not helpful. Larger numbers of elements often need new or changed relationships as well.
• What kinds of elements are currently related? How could you also relate other kinds of elements (other objects, people, ideas, time, feelings, patterns, groups, relationships, ProxSets, etc.)?
• How would relating a wider variety of elements change the quality of the situation?
• If you increased the variety or diversity of elements related, how would the relationships change? Or need to change?
• How would changing the number of elements related be different from changing the variety or diversity of elements related?
• What would be some advantages of relating a wider variety of elements? What would need to change to accommodate any disadvantages? What other ProxPatterns might help?
Stories communicate ideas, emotions, history, personalities, information, approaches to life, etc. A story connects a wide variety of such elements, and makes them memorable.
Democracy is a system which helps relate a wide variety of viewpoints and perspectives. Freedom of speech, representative government and voting are part of what helps democracy relate to variety.
The graphical user interface we use on Windows and Mac computers relates to a wider variety of users than the early text-only command line.
For more examples, see Combo PPs, Limits PPs, Pure PPs, Relate the PPs and ProxPatterns.