Once you are somewhat comfortable with how being is about relating (Underlying Concept), you see how perhaps nothing is completely independent. Connected independence reminds us of this, and also suggests that the connection itself be in some way optional, changeable, flexible, detachable, modular, repositionable, and so on.
Relate Other PPs
The ProxPatterns are an integrated group of related patterns for relating to situations. By the Limits of One, any single ProxPattern has limits. In your proximity or situation, how does this ProxPattern relate to others?
1. For your situation, in the proximity generally or more specifically in ProxSets,
2. Possibly in relationship with other PPs,
3. To help with the Core Idea,
4. How can you connect elements but still allow them some independence?
• How might you make elements more connected, yet still independent? How might you make elements more independent, yet still connected?
• How are the elements independent? What might happen if they become more so? How are they connected? What if they become more so?
• Would making some elements more independent allow you to make others more connected?
• How might making relationships more detachable, modular, repositionable, optional or flexible help?
• What do you want elements to be independent of? Connected to? What other elements or relationships might help? Hurt? Assist?
Cell phones and pagers let people contact each other independent of where they are, and independent of the wired phone network.
Social networks enhanced via the internet provide a connected independence to their participants. People are connected to other people in different regions, industries, cultures, careers, disciplines, social groups, etc. Yet they are independent of each other in many other ways.
Religious writings allow people to connect to religious ideas and stories across time, space and social groups.